PermaLife Cell Culture Bags
- Cell Culture: The OriGen PermaLife™ bag represents the optimal way to harvest, expand, protect and preserve critical cell cultures. The bags have received marketing clearance from the FDA and are indicated for use in protecting, storing and freezing cells and tissues. Made completely of inert FEP, the PermaLife bag contains no plasticizers or chemical residuals to leach into or alter delicate cell cultures.
- Freezing Bags: The PermaLife storage bags can also be used as freezing bags for cell suspensions. FEP remains flexible at liquid nitrogen temperatures, and is unsurpassed as a cryogenic container.
Features of the OriGen PermaLife Cell Storage Bags
- Inert: FEP is chemically and biologically inert, so the bag will not alter the culture or the medium. FEP neither combines with any element, nor gives up any components of its own to the solution held in the cell culture bag.
- Breathable: FEP film is gas permeable and gas transfer rates for oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrogen have been published. However, FEP is practically impermeable to water so water losses from the cell culture is negligible. Humidified incubators - potential sources of mold and contamination - are not necessary.
- Sealed: The PermaLife cell storage bag is a closed system, so the possibility of contamination is greatly reduced.
- Optical: The PermaLife bag has an optical transmission of greater than 95%. Observation of cell cultures under a microscope is easy, and can be done without risking contamination of the sample.
- Thermal: The PermaLife bag can be used as a freezing bag, and remains flexible with no significant decrease in mechanical strength at temperatures from cryogenic storage (-196ºC) to high autoclave (+137ºC).
- Safety Features: Each bag has a hanger hole. Each bag comes with a needle-free adapter to reduce the chance of needle sticks.
- Needle-Free: A sterile, needle-free, luer-actuated adapter is attached to each bag. This self-sealing valve makes it easy to feed and harvest sensitive cells without having to expose them to contamination. The valve face is swabable and can be activated with any male luer device, such as a standard syringe.
PermaLife Technical Information
|Catalog Number||Volume* Nominal||Volume* Maximum
||Surface Area, cm²
||O² ‡||CO² ‡||N² ‡||H2O ‡‡||Stock/Custom|
Length and Width in Table are dimensions of the active cell culture compartment only.
* Nominal volume in ml: Freezing volume of bag at 1 cm thickness
Total surface area, both sides of bag
‡Gas transfer is in ml/ 24 hours at 25°C (Ref: "Teflon FEP Film" DuPont Bulletin E-80412)
‡‡Water transmission is in g per 24 hours at 40°C (Ref: "Teflon FEP Film" DuPont Bulletin E-80412)
Note: the PL07 has only one port and is sold with one needle-free valve
"P" in the catalog number denotes it includes a PVC spike port
Custom configurations and more are available.