Tube Sealer CR6AA is a battery operated sealing unit for EVA, PVC/EVA coextrusion and PVC blood bag tubes or sets for cryopreservation.
Below are examples of seals on the three types of OriGen tubes:
Tube Sealer CR6AA is comprised of three components:
- Sealing handle with 6' coax cable
- Power unit with batteries and control unit monitored by microprocessor
- Battery charger
- Remove all moisture from the outside of the tube prior to sealing.
- Never stretch the tube during sealing.
- Seals should be made staight across, flat, and in line with the spike port wings. (see image below)
- To ensure proper fit in cryostorage cassettes, place a heat seal on the donor tube as close to the stub tube as possible, below the top of the spike ports. (see image below)
- Add a second seal closely above the first seal. The second seal should be no higher than the height of the two spike ports. (see image below)
- Do not tear or pull seals apart as this can result in a jagged edge and may break open the seal, causing it to leak. Cut the sealed tube through the middle of the distal (top) seal.
- Maximum tube thickness (outside diameter) is 6mm.